Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Aubrey and her paci

I should have known not to say never while I was pregnant because we all know the old saying. One of my nevers was I will never let Aubrey have a paci because I don't want to break that habit when she's 3. Yeah, that went out the window in the hospital when I saw the ugliest paci ever laying in her basket. The NICU nurses gave her this green, awful looking paci called a soothie and it covers half of her face and she loved it. It's so bizarre to see in her mouth because it's see through and you can see her gnawing the heck out of it. I tried not to use after her d/c from the NICU, but quickly realized its powers when she stopped crying when it was in her mouth. So, I went to Target and bought a different kind that wasn't so freakin ugly. It worked pretty well and I was happy to give up the soothie. About a week or so later, Aubrey and I were upstairs and her paci was downstairs and she was crying in her bouncer. All I could find quickly was that darn soothie so I gave it to her. And to my amazement, she fell asleep with it in her mouth. She never puts herself to sleep so I just sat there wide-mouthed at this fact. So, the soothie won and has been the main paci since. I even went back to Target and bought another pack to keep one in her diaper bag and 1 downstairs. I even bought this little thing that attaches it to her outfit so when she inevitably spits it out for the 25th time in 10 minutes, I don't have to catch it or pick it up off the floor. And it's just about as bad because it makes the paci look like a flower and covers even more of her face. So, I have learned that the paci is a good thing. It magically makes crying stop and helps her fall asleep faster, all excellent qualities for a green piece of silicone/latex/plastic/whatever material it is to have. It's still freakin ugly though.


Aubrey getting ready for bed with her paci

1 comment:

Maldoff Fam said...

This is such a cute picture! She's already looking so much bigger!