Thursday, February 12, 2009

2 weeks of insanity

It's hard to believe Aubrey's been here over 2 weeks. Which means its been over 2 weeks since I've had a good night's sleep and it's killing me. She really doesn't sleep long enough during the day for me to get a decent nap in for myself. So, 4.5 hrs of sleep per day is my new norm. But, I am learning to adjust and deal.

But, Aubrey has had a few firsts in the past week.

First 4-hour feeding stretch at night
First trips to Babies-R-Us, Concord Mills, Walmart, and Target (these were more for me to get out of the house than anything)
First dance class- she loved it, especially the loud music
First neighborhood walk
First snow
First diaper rash--ok not a good first, but still a first
My first panicked call to the ped's office (she wasn't having enough dirty diapers and my fear of her not eating enough kicked in, but she's ok)

So, our little family is trying to find its groove and its been hard, but rewarding all at the same time. Just when I think I can't do anymore, she looks at me and grins (ok, yeah, she has no clue what she's doing yet, but who cares) and everything is ok.


Aubrey telling us what she thinks of our dances


No comments: