Saturday, May 23, 2009

4 month check up

Todd had the pleasure of taking Aubrey to her 4 month appointment since I had to work. Our little munchkin weighs 11 lbs, 15 oz and is 24 inches long. All the milk she has been chugging since she started day care is starting to make a difference. She moved up to the 30th percentile in weight and 5oth in height. Her doctor wants us to start her on rice cereal since she is eating so much and wants her on baby food by her next visit, but I am not quite ready for that. Plus, the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends breast milk only for the 1st 6 months. I might start trying her out on it next month, but we'll see. She is sleeping through the night and gaining weight, so I don't see a major need to change things up, yet. The other lovely news the doctor gave us is Aubrey has 2 teeth coming in. Lovely. We knew she was starting to teeth because she is chewing on everything and is wanting her paci more than her thumb so she can chew on it. She's also been a bit more fussy lately. While I am happy that she is making progress, I am not looking forward to those teeth coming in. The first time she bites me while she is nursing is not going to be a pleasant time. Ok, back to the appointment. The doctor said she looks great as far as tummy time and said she should be rolling over shortly. Which she has done at day care, but I haven't seen it yet so it doesn't count. She said she should also be working on sitting up, so we are trying to put her in the Bumbo more often to work on those ab muscles. Then, Aubrey got her 4 month vaccines and Todd said she did great. We also learned that giving her a bottle right after the shot made a big difference because it gave her something else to focus on. She got a cool pink camoflage band-aid to cover her leg this time, but I forgot to get the picture. So, all in all our little girl is doing well and growing so fast. She'll be 4 months on Tuesday and I can't believe it.

No comments: