Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bath time

It amazes me how much about being a mom is trial-by-fire. For the past 3 months, Aubrey has hated the bath. I mean, full on turning-purple-in-the-face-screaming hated it. Evidence from her 1st bath at 5 days old.


We have the baby tub that has a shower bucket in it so the water showers over her. Normally, I started the bath by spraying her down all over starting at her belly and then wait 30 seconds to let the initial screaming end. Sunday, I started spraying the water on her feet first and waited for the screaming and then my jaw dropped in amazement because she didn't scream. I went on the with the bath and brushed off the no screaming as luck. We don't put her in the tub every night because it dries out her skin, so she gets sponge baths on the no tub nights. The next time I put her in the tub, I started with her feet again and was thrilled that there were no tears again. The proof:
That's actually a little bit of a smile. Next time I'll have to get video because she actually started splashing her feet in the water. It was actually fun to give her a bath.

It doesn't take much to amuse a sleep-deprived mom.

No comments: