Saturday, May 23, 2009

Mother's Day

I had a fabulous first Mother's Day. Instead of buying me a gift, Todd decided to do all of my work for the day so I could just hang out. So, he cleaned the house, made me breakfast and lunch, did my laundry, plus took care of Aubrey most the day. Then we went to his parents' house for a steak dinner. It was awesome to just be able to chill for a while and enjoy having a clean house I didn't work for. I hear so many mom's that say their husbands let them down for Mother's Day so I know I am very fortunate that Todd took care of me. It's still amazing to me that I am a mother now. It still seems surreal that I am responsible for another human being like that. But, I love every minute of it. I can't wait until she's older and can make me those wonderful handmade Mother's Day cards and pictures. Those are the best and I am sure I will cry when I get one. I remember how proud I was of the projects I made for my mom and I hope she enjoys it just as much.

No comments: