Sunday, October 25, 2009

Almost the end of an era

An era of pumping that is. Aubrey has dropped another bottle which means that I now have enough milk stored that I can quit pumping and she will still have enough milk to last until her birthday. I was in shock when I did the math Friday and realized that. I thought I would be going a few more weeks before I hit that mark. I am still amazed that I can really start weaning from pumping now. I need to take it pretty slow because I've had a nasty clogged duct in the same area twice in the past 2 weeks and I don't want to take the chance of causing an infection. But, I have dropped to 3 pumps a day now and hopefully I will be down to 2 next week and then 1 the week after that. I still plan to nurse first thing in the morning until she decides she wants to stop that. I don't mind nursing at all. But, I despise pumping. I am proud that I have made it this long, though. There were so many times in those first few months I never thought I'd make it to this point. I am going to buy myself some sort of present on the day I put the pump away. I think I've earned it.

No comments: