Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pumpkin patch fail

Ok, maybe not complete fail, but partial failure for sure. There are some Octobers that I can clearly remember wearing shorts and flip flops. So why it decided to be brrr freakin cold this October is really not clear to me.

Saturday was the only day that Todd and I both had free to take Aubrey to a pumpkin patch and take those gloriously cute pictures amongst all the pumpkins. I found this cute little farm in the University area called Hodges's Farm that has a maze, farm animals, and of course, pumpkins. Luckily, it wasn't raining so we thought we'd be ok just dressing Aubrey in her cute Halloween t-shirt and jeans. She was ok while we checked out the maze and the goats. She even let us take a few shots on the ground with some pumpkins. But, then the failure started. I put her on this cute hay stack with her pumpkin and she let loose with the tears. We realized she was cold when I touched her hands and realized they felt like ice cubes. I deserved bad mother of the year award right then. I felt so bad. I stay hot most of the time so I tend to forget other people actually get cold. I should have brought a coat for her but in my rush, I forgot. So, no cute pics of her posing with her pumpkin flashing that famous grin because mom was the doofus who forgets warm clothes for her 8 month old. Luckily, I had a fleece blanket in my car, so we wrapped her up in that. Once she got warm, she was much happier (imagine that) so we finished touring the farm, which included Aubrey getting to rub a pony. We bought 2 nice pumpkins and hopefully I can get some cute pics of Aubrey with them. So, all in all, things weren't completely ruined, but I did learn my lesson.
Cute shot with the pumpkins


Failure


Warm again and in love with rubbing the pony

No comments: