Thursday, December 31, 2009

A look back

I really can't believe the '00s are almost over. The last 10 years have without a doubt been the most amazing of my life. Since it's the end of the year and the end of the decade, lots of people are being reflective of the past, so I thought I'd join in.

So, here's a look at my last 10 years.

2000-junior/senior in college, in long-term relationship, moved back home with the 'rents

2001-completed internship, graduated from ECU, started grad school at UNCC, started dancing again, 9/11

2002-grad school, working, moved out on my own for the first time in my life to my grandparents' old house, my parents separated, first dance recital in 5 years

2003-my Granny passed away, year-long internship, finished grad school, got my first "real" job

2004-lots of working and paying bills, got my first dog, ended long-term relationship after 6 years

2005-started dating again, changed jobs, got my 2nd dog, met Todd and started dating, bought my first car on my own, got my CCAS/LCAS, went to Washington, DC

2006-moved in with Todd, got engaged, lots of wedding planning, got my LPC

2007-sold house in Mooresville, moved to Huntersville, got my first new car, got married, went on honeymoon

2008-changed to my current job, became an aunt, got pregnant, went to Las Vegas, turned 30

2009-delivered Aubrey, watched my sister-in-law get married, enjoyed the first year as a parent

I can only hope the next 10 years will be as amazing at the last 10.

Happy New Year to everyone!

No comments: