Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween

I debated for a while this year how to handle Halloween for Aubrey. I wasn't sure I was ready for her to go trick-or-treating. In my opinion, a child should be able to say "trick-or-treat" before they get candy. On the other hand, I really didn't want to miss the chance of dressing her up in a cute costume, even if she wasn't actually participating in the festivities. So, the cuteness won over and I found an awesome Tinkerbell costume for her (probably the last costume I get to pick out, I am sure). I decided to dress her up for a while to take pictures and then let her help hand out candy later. The taking pictures part went really well. I got the chance to put my birthday present to use (Todd gave me a backdrop stand and 2 rolls of seamless paper) and I enjoyed using them. We then moved outside and gave her a little bucket to carry up and down the street, which she loved. She wasn't happy about coming back inside after pictures and became quite whiney. She refused to leave my side while I was cooking dinner, so she missed out on the handing out of the candy. After dinner, she acted really fussy and tired so we decided to send her on to bed. I can't wait until next year when she can go out with the big kids. I loved seeing the other kids dressed up and was pretty jealous of those parents outside snapping pictures away. Next year, it is on!

First shot with the new backdrop. Not too bad, but I learned some things to do differently next time.

She loved the bucket and the pumpkin.

She was fascinated by the Frankenstein in our neighbor's yard.

No comments: