Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Movin up to the big girl salon

I have been putting it off for a while, but finally I had to admit it was time. Aubrey had to have a real hair cut. We did a mini-hair cut back in May, but she need a full on hair cut because the mullet was just getting out of control. So, I found a kid's salon called Snip-Its in Birkdale and figured we'd give it a try. This place was pretty awesome, especially for those under, say 10. They have video games, bright colors, snack, movies, pretty much everything you would need to get a child's attention. The stylist was so nice but the minute she went to put Aubrey in the chair it got ugly. My child does not like strangers and she really doesn't like strangers trying to strap her in a bright pink chair. And, sadly, animal crackers did not help. Enter receptionist/entertainment who became bubble lady. That got Aubrey's attention really fast. The stylist managed to cut a squirming toddler's hair in 5 minutes and even managed to get her bangs even. I was impressed. Afterwards Aubrey got a prize which I thought was just fabulous (ok, fabulous for me because it was a Tootsie Roll). While the cut itself was a bit expensive, it was well worth it for them to do such a great job on a difficult subject. Luckily, she won't need hair cuts that often so we can afford to go there when we need it.


About a week before


During


After

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the new haircut, They did a great job at cutting it..

WELCOME to the "BIG GIRL" Club Aubrey.

I love you Baby girl!!

Aunt Carol