Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I love it...

Aubrey's age, I mean. Aubrey is so much fun to watch. She is so independent and loves to create her own fun now. We were outside enjoying the gorgeous weather over the weekend and she found a random shovel and starting playing in the dirt. She had a glorious time getting dirty and cried like crazy when I brought her in to eat (yeah, she actually said "no eat eat." So not my child).



Since its Thanksgiving week, that means there is a lot of extra cooking is going on. Aubrey was in the kitchen with me when I started cooking for work and she kept saying "cook, cook" and I thought she wanted a cookie so I tried to give her an animal cracker and she didn't want it. After a few minutes, we realized she wanted to help me cook. We pulled a chair up to the counter and gave her a spoon to help me stir and she loved it. I told her she could eat a piece while we stirred and every time I turned around, she kept grabbing another piece. She was so sad when I put the casserole in the oven and she just stood there with her face plastered to the oven door to watch it cook. I loved having her help me and I look forward to teaching her how to cook as she gets older.

No comments: