Friday, July 22, 2011

16-week check up

I was pretty excited to go to the doctor today. It seems like its been forever since my last visit. My blood pressure was pretty good, which was a relief after the past 2 visits. My weight on the other hand was not. I've gained 14 lbs. in the past 9 weeks and that's not cool. I told Todd later that we have got to be better about my food and exercise because I do not want to gain 42 lbs again and I am well on my way if I keep this up. So, back to the visit. Baby's heartbeat was 144. The CMA struggled a little longer to find it and true to Pearce baby form, once she did find it, the baby decided to move.  After that, I met Dr. Fishburne for the first time. He came in and said "So, 17 weeks today, huh?" Um, no, only 15 days, 6 weeks. He looked thoroughly confused when I told him this, so he went back to the computer to take a look. He then called me out in the hall to look at the computer and I told him that my due date had been changed at my 1st ultrasound and after looking for a few minutes, he said I was absolutely right and said they must have forgotten to change it in the computer. That was a little nerve wracking, but I was glad we got it figured out. We discussed a few issues that I've been having with my prenatal vitamins and he checked my uterus and said everything looked great. He was about to let me leave when he was like "Oh, yeah, by the way, you have Group B strep in your urine." Nice to spring that on me at the end. He said they will send my urine for a culture over the weekend to determine the level and possibly put me on antibiotics to prevent a UTI from developing. Then during delivery, I will be given antibiotics to prevent it from being transferred to the baby. It can be fatal to a newborn, which is kind of scary. So, at least its treatable for now and we'll worry about delivery when that time comes. He then gave me the go ahead to schedule my ultrasound and 20-week checkup. So, we'll know what baby Pearce #2 is on August 5th and I am pretty excited. We've got to narrow down our names and boy bedding ideas before that time. I guess it hit me today that I am moving through this pregnancy so fast. I know time appears to go faster because of Aubrey, but this pregnancy is flying by, which is kind of sad. Now that I am feeling better, I am kind of enjoying being pregnant. Except for sleeping on my side, I really have no complaints right now. I'm sure that will change as I get bigger and more miserable, but I think knowing that this is my last time to experience these things makes me want them to go slower. I'll just need to remind myself of this at the end when I am ready to explode. Sigh, a pregnant woman is never fully happy, right?!

No comments: