Sunday, July 10, 2011

July 5-July 10

It was so nice having a 4-day work week. I could really get used to it. However, even a short week brought some not-so-great news. We went to see the ear, nose, and throat doctor on Thursday to discuss Aubrey's frequent ear infections. As soon as he took a look in her ears he told us both ears were still infected, meaning they never really cleared up after finishing the last round of antibiotics on the 3rd. Like us, he was surprised by the fact she had no ear infections before age 2, but he really didn't have a good reason as to why. He said our best option was to go ahead and put tubes in her ears and see where we go from there. So, surgery is scheduled for this coming Friday and I will be glad when its over. I know Aubrey is tired of being in pain and we are ready for the irritability and fussiness that comes with it to be over. While I am a little nervous, everyone has told me it will be a quick procedure and we'll be finished before we know it. I just hope it works and we can put all of this behind us.

I spent the entire weekend doing absolutely nothing and it was glorious. I mean, I did a few chores and took a walk around the neighborhood tonight, but other than that I was a big ol' bum. I can't remember the last time I've gone 2 days without leaving my neighborhood. Todd ran a few errands and went to see Transformers with a friend but spent the rest of the weekend doing schoolwork. We've got busy weekends coming up the next few weeks so I think chilling this weekend was a great idea and hopefully we'll have a great week to go with it.

Aubrey was thrilled that our laziness meant more time for her to play in the dirt. I don't remember what she is doing in the picture, but she looks confused and its funny.

No comments: