Sunday, August 21, 2011

August 15-21

Another busy week for us. Monday evening was spent dealing with the stupid Toyota dealership and my expensive allen wrench debacle. On top of that, Aubrey decided to throw up in Todd's truck when he was on his way to meet me at the dealership. That was not a good night and there were many short tempers dealing with that drama.

We had a conference with Aubrey's day care director early on Tuesday after we had another short notice that Aubrey was being moved up. Just like the last time Aubrey was moving to the next room, we got notice she was moving the day they planned to move her. Todd and I were not happy about her moving because they next classroom gets no daily sheet because those children are usually potty trained. We get so little communication on how Aubrey is doing during the day, especially with potty training, that the thought of getting even less communication was not a good one. So, we asked them to hold off on Aubrey's transition until we could meet and discuss the multiple "communication" issues we've had with them. Right before the conference on Tuesday, we made the decision that we were done with day care. We are tired of the lack of communication, tired of getting the run around with the directors, and tired of not knowing what we were coming into every day when we picked her up. So, after a quick phone call to my mom to confirm that she can watch Aubrey full time for the time being, we made the decision to turn in Aubrey's 2-week notice. It was amazing the sense of relief that I felt after we made that decision. This day care has been nothing but drama for the past 6 months and knowing that we are leaving that drama behind is such a good feeling. We still had our conference with the director, expressed our concerns, and left things on a good note with her. So, after August 31, my mom will be keeping Aubrey full time for us and I am quite thrilled with it.

On Wednesday, it was like Christmas in our house. A coworker gave me another bag of clothes and little boy goodies to use for Mason. I am loving all the boy clothes. Even if girl clothes are more abundant, boy clothes are just too stinking cute. We also received Mason's bedding that day, as well as a stash of Bum Genius 4.0 cloth diapers. We only needed to replace about 6 of the girly diapers because I bought the last few more gender neutral than I started with the others, so we had quite a few to use with Mason. I also ordered the covers to go over the pre-fold diapers for the beginning because we are hoping to use cloth diapers 100% after Mason is born. It was so exciting to see those packages on my front porch when I got home and I can't wait to put those things to use.

Mason's bedding set. Vintage Aviator by JoJo Designs.

Friday, we prepped Mason's room for painting. We cleared out the rest of the junk in the room and made final decisions about what was going to the garbage dump. Dad came over on Saturday morning and hauled off multiple garbage bags of junk as well as a few bigger items we no longer needed. After Aubrey went down for her nap, we tackled the paint. We settled on a pretty blue color for the room and I must say, I am in love with it. For someone who has been a prissy, girly girl her entire life, I am surely embracing this whole boy thing. I am just as excited about Mason's room as I was Aubrey's, even if Aubrey's was my childhood dream room. It's just fun to plan and make the room come to life. While Todd tackled the 2nd coat of paint, I made the bittersweet move of taking all of Aubrey's outgrown clothes to Goodwill. It ended up being 4 large black trash bags full of clothes. While I was sad to be saying good-bye to so many sweet outfits, it made me feel good to get that much more out of our house. We celebrated our hard work and the fact that I am now officially half way finished with this pregnancy Saturday evening by grilling some steaks and relaxing.

Todd tackling the blue paint

Today was another busy day of chores, but Todd decided last weekend he wanted to use his grill as a smoker and cook some ribs for the first time so we invited my sister Lacey and her boyfriend over to be our taste tasters. It was nice to hang out with them and Aubrey ate up all the attention. I must say, Todd did a fantastic job with the ribs so they are definitely going to be a new grilling staple in our house.

Playing some family corn hole while the grill did its thing.

This week was such a great week that starting another week is a bummer. But, we'll always have this bath picture to make us laugh if the week isn't so great.

No comments: