Monday, August 1, 2011

July 25-31

I cannot believe its August 1st. The month of July seemed to fly by. I heard someone talking about Christmas today at work and I am shocked that its less than 5 months away. Sigh..

I don't know what it is about our family this year, but we just cannot all get well. I've never used so much sick time in my life or vacation to cover sick time I don't have. This week's sickness involved Aubrey getting a stomach bug and being sent home from daycare after the 3rd diarrhea episode. By Thursday, she was back to her normal self, so I am pretty sure it was just a little stomach bug.

The weekend was pretty busy. Saturday morning my dad came over and helped us cart away some big space wasters in our garage. It was nice to actually see more than the 3-foot wide path we've seen the past year or so. After that, Todd's parents, sister, and her boyfriend came to help us swap out the beds. We gave them the full size bed in out guest room in exchange for 2 twin beds. One of those will be for Aubrey's big girl room and the other will go in the loft and be our guest bed/seating in the loft. While we were cleaning, Todd's college roommate's wife called and asked if Todd could go with her to CMC-Main because she was having problems with her pregnancy. Her husband is on a NASCAR race team so he's gone every weekend so Todd filled in as support for her. She and baby were given clean bills of health and hopefully their little one will stay nice and happy for another 20-ish weeks. After Todd came home, we went out to eat for his sister's birthday. Dinner was followed by dessert at his parents house before we came home to put the little one to bed.

Sunday was a busy day of cleaning, shopping, and doing some work for a little extra cash. Sunday night was church group, but I ended up staying home because Aubrey decided to protest nap time and was quite a little pill by the evening. So, she hung out and played while I did a little more work. While I enjoy being given the chance to make a little bit of extra money, doing the extra work is burning me out so I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to do that. We've got so much going on the next few weekends so I won't be able to do too much more. Time is flying by and before we know it, we'll be starting the nursery and Aubrey's big girl room, which will take all of that extra money I made and a good bit of my time. But, I love it and can't wait to see it all come together.

Playing with G-ma and Grandpa's cat Callie.

She was being so nice and "playing" her guitar while I tried to work.

No comments: