Monday, August 29, 2011

August 22-28

While the week was pretty quiet, we had some exciting things happen. On Monday, Todd flew to Kansas City for work. The amazing part was that even though he was so far away, he started grad school at the same time. His program is mostly online based so he can complete it from anywhere so he was able to travel for work and check on school stuff while he was gone. Its been less than a year since his company recommended he go to school and now here he is. So awesome.

On Saturday, I took a few hours to visit with my friend to take some pictures of her 11-day old Kaya. I was so nervous about taking newborn pictures but it really was a lot of fun. It helps that Kaya was a great sleeper and pretty much let me do my thing for a while. She did manage to poop on me, which was funny and served as a reminder of what I am going to be going through again in a few months. It was nice to spend some time with her and her family and I can't wait to get the pictures edited to share them.

The rest of the weekend was about cleaning our house and then relaxing. It was nice to spend some quiet time with just the little family and its something I appreciate more and more as life gets busier and busier.

She is thoroughly enjoying her new easel from Ikea. Best $15 we've spent recently.

Aubrey was excited for some cooler, less humid weather so she could get outside on her bike more.

She was working so hard to blow bubbles from that little wand so she was concentrating hard here.

No comments: