Monday, September 5, 2011

August 29-September 4

The main part of the week dragged by as expected before a long weekend. The exciting part of the week was knowing Wednesday was Aubrey's last day of day care. It was such a relief when Todd picked her up because I knew we wouldn't have to deal with them ever again. The director didn't even bother to tell her main teacher that she was leaving, which I found really odd. Her teacher seemed a little sad that Aubrey was leaving, which made me feel just a bit sad because I knew Aubrey loves her. But, the sadness was gone by the end of the day when they failed to follow directions to gather her stuff before Todd got there. So, I got over my twinge of sadness and felt 100% stoked that we are done with daycare.

Since it was Labor Day weekend, Todd took off for his usual trip to his friend Rob's family's farm for hunting Friday afternoon. So, Aubrey and I were left to fend for ourselves. I actually got to control the remote and watch what I wanted on tv which does not happen very often. Saturday afternoon, Aubrey and I met my friend Fran and her son to go to a local end-of-summer festival. It surely didn't feel like the end of of summer because its was still 90-ish degrees outside. But, Aubrey and Landon had a blast in the heat. They rode the train, flying cars, a merry-go-round, and even ponies. I wasn't sure what Aubrey would think of riding the pony, but she loved it and refused to let me hold her while she was on there. Between the pitiful 45-minute nap, the heat, the fun rides and the long trip back home, Aubrey was wiped out by the time we got home. I put her to bed as soon as we got home and she was asleep before I even shut her door. I spent the rest of the evening teaching myself to use Photoshop CS5 so I could finally finish editing my first newborn "session" from last weekend. I was pretty frustrated by the end, so I gave up decided to try again later.

Sunday was a super busy day. Aubrey and I got up early to eat breakfast and then took off on a grocery run. Todd and I don't take her grocery shopping anymore because she is such a pain to shop with. She hates sitting in the cart and wants to "help" us do everything which makes it a slow process. But, we needed food and Todd was gone so I had no choice but to take her with me. She ended up surprising me by behaving extremely well. She sat in the cart with minimal fuss and let me get my shopping finished quickly. We came home to eat lunch and take a power nap before we went back out. I went to Babies-R-Us to trade in her old stroller and buy her a new booster seat for the table. They refused to let me use my trade-in coupon on the booster which made me mad, but I'm used to getting mad when I'm in there so I really wasn't surprised. We then went over to Concord Mills to do some shopping damage with my collection of Labor Day coupons. It was a nightmare in the mall because its was so crowded. And of course Aubrey decided she doesn't want to behave in the stroller so shopping was quite a chore. I did manage to get some great loot at the Carter's outlet for Mason and the Motherhood store for me. We ended the trip with dinner and another merry-go-round ride to close out the day. After we got home, I decided Photoshop would not kick my butt again so I forced myself to figure out what I needed to do to finish those pictures. I managed to get most of the pictures finished and uploaded, but a few proved to be a bit challenging so I saved them for another day.

All in all it was a good weekend, even if being a single mom was a bit tough. It was nice to spend time doing fun things and hanging out with Aubrey one-on-one. However, we are both ready for Todd to get home and get back to being the family of 3.

Riding the train

The flying cars

She insisted on riding the merry-go-round at Concord Mills after dinner


While I was cleaning her old high chair outside she decided she wanted me to spray her with the hose and squealed with delight every time I'd turn it her way.

No comments: