Tuesday, September 20, 2011

September 12-18

This week was a pretty quiet week. I spent most of it battling the cold that Aubrey so graciously shared with me so I was pretty miserable. So combing cold symptoms along with minimal sleep made me fun to be around, I'm sure. Aubrey finally started getting better thankfully because us being sick at the same time could have been a disaster.

Somehow the fall weather found us on Friday, and surprisingly I was pretty chilly. I actually had to put a sweater on, which is weird considering I was in shorts and a tank top at the beginning of the week. Plus, the added insulator in my belly usually keeps me pretty warm so being cold was strange for me. But, it was nice to be able to drive to work with the windows and sunroof open, so I won't complain at all.

Saturday, we hung out with my mom while Todd smoked ribs as a thank you to her for watching Aubrey the past few months and for house sitting while we go to the beach. We all put on our sweaters and long pants while Todd hovered over the grill, but the outcome was completely worth it as usual. I'm sad to know that our grilling days are coming to an end as the colder weather comes in. I love sitting outside while Todd mans the grill and Aubrey plays in the grass. Just simple and relaxing in a way hanging out in the house never is. But, I am excited to know that the next grilling season will include a new little one to watch enjoying the warm weather and I can't wait to see that.



No comments: