Thursday, August 18, 2011

August 8-14

We actually made it a whole week with no one in the house being sick! Yay for tiny little happy things.

Even though we spent the majority of the weekend working, we did take some time off Saturday to go to a Charlotte Knight's baseball game. Todd's company was having family night at the game, so we bought some chicken and went early to tailgate. It was super hot when we got there, but after about 30 minutes, the  skies started to get gray and the temperature dropped, neither of which were good signs. Sure enough, about 30 minutes before the game was supposed to start, the bottom fell out of the sky. We made a mad dash for the car to sit out the storm. After about 15 minutes, we checked the radar and saw the storm would last well past the time we planned to leave, so we decided to come back home. Luckily, the game was postponed so we can go back for another game later. We came home and watched the Carolina Panther's game, which was much more fun this year since we appear to have the makings of a good team.

Todd and Aubrey "enjoying" the heat

Aubrey loved her watermelon

Sunday, I got up early to go get groceries. After getting the groceries and loading my car, I was going to put the buggy up, I heard a strange sound coming from my car. I happened to look down at my front passenger tire and see this lovely scene.


I called Todd with the bad news so he came to my rescue to change the tire. After he got the tire off, he pulled a stupid allen wrench out of the tire. There must be magnets in my tires because I am ALL.THE.TIME running over stupid stuff like this. And definitely not on purpose. Ugh. So, he put the spare on and since the Toyota dealership isn't open on Sundays we decided to get it fixed the next day after work. $225 later, we have decided that is the most expensive stupid allen wrench ever. We are still pissed at how the Toyota dealership handled it and that they charged us $225, but that's another post another day.

No comments: