Sunday, September 16, 2012

8 months and growing

I think this past month has gone the fastest of any month since Mason was born. We have been so busy with all of Aubrey's activities that the days just seemed fly by. Mason gets to see a lot of his car seat now because we spend a lot more time going here and there so I hope he's comfy.

Milestones:

*When I said 8 months and growing, I meant that literally. I measured him about a week ago and had to do it 3 times because I thought my eyes were tricking me. He's grown almost 3 inches in the 7-8 weeks since his 6-month check up. I noticed his sleepers were starting to fit a little tighter but didn't think he had grown that much. I am guessing he weighs between 17-18 pounds, but that is much harder to accurately check at this point. I am sure it was just a growth spurt, but it would be awesome if he kept growing like that.
*Sitting up like a champ now. I love it.
*He loves for us to stand him up. And then sit hown. And then repeat. Again and again.
*And with sitting up came the big boy car seat, stroller, high chairs, and sitting in the front of shopping carts. I love this even more. While I miss the convenience of the infant seat, I don't miss lugging it around.
*He loves for us to stand him up. And then sit him down. And then repeat. Again and again.
*He likes doing baby push-ups like a body building champ.
*He has started doing an army crawl/lurching movement to get where he wants to go and it is funny to watch.
*He is jabbering up a storm. No real words, but says dadadada and the occasional mamamama.
*We think he might/maybe/hopefully is starting to outgrow the soy intolerance. I've started eating some foods with soy in them and haven't seen any signs of trouble so hopefully I can keep easing those back in to allow me more freedom with food. We might try dairy again as he gets closer to 9 months.
*He is eating solids really well. So well that he is completely uninterested in drinking his bottles. We cut the solids back a bit to make sure he gets his bottles in but it is just a chore to get him to drink them all.
*He will hold his own bottle now, but only if you make him. He is still pretty lazy with it.
*He had his first trip to the lake to ride on Todd's parents' boat. The water was a little too chilly for him to get in but he enjoyed watching everyone else go crazy while swimming.

First trip in the big boy car seat.

Chillin' with Todd and Todd's mom on the boat






No comments: