Wednesday, January 7, 2009

38-week visit

We had the biophysical profile done today and it was really neat, but weird to see Aubrey on the screen again. She's gotten so big and it's amazing. The ultrasound tech said everything was perfect and they are estimating she weighs about 7 lbs 8 oz, which kind of surprised me. I really wasn't expecting her to be that big! But, of course, that's an estimate, but still, good grief. We were kind of hoping the BPP would buy us a ticket straight to L&D, but I can't argue with having a healthy, happy baby.

I also got my first internal exam today and let me tell you, it's not fun. I was really hoping not to have any internals until my due date, but the nurse said she wanted to check me today. I was pretty tense through the entire thing so she said she had a hard time checking, but thinks I'm not dilated at all, which sucks. That's part of why I didn't want any internals because now I am just frustrated. I really hoped all these cramps and contractions I've been having would have made more progress. But, that can change quickly, so I am trying not to get too worked up. I keep telling Todd that she will come when she's ready, I just wish she was ready NOW!

No comments: