Thursday, January 22, 2009

More frustrated

The 40-week check-up did not go well at all. Ok, it went fine, but I just didn't get the results I was hoping for. Aubrey did fine on the NST. My blood pressure was fine. My weight was a little scary, but still considered fine. Then came time for the internal. Not fine. Still at a big fat 0. No effacement, no dilation, no dropped baby. It's just not looking promising at this point. The doctor said we'll keeping waiting for now and see what happens at the 41-week visit. They are going to do another BPP, which is better than sitting there for another NST. She said we can start talking induction at that time or we might just go ahead and schedule the C-section since the induction could fail with my uncooperative cervix. So, when I go back Tuesday, I might be leaving with a scheduled C-section date. So, with that news in hand, I cried the entire way home from the doctor's office and for a good 20 minutes once I got home. It was just such a let down to be coming back home to keep on dealing with all the pain. Part of me really hoped for some sign that she was coming and that they would tell me to go on over to L&D. Not that I want anything to be wrong with either one of us, but some sign of the light at the end of the tunnel would have been better than just we'll see you next week. So, I'll just keep plowing through the pain and hope that this baby makes up her mind to come out soon. It's going to be a long weeked if she doesn't.

No comments: