Sunday, January 4, 2009

Things I Won't Miss About Being Pregnant

I am so over being pregnant. I always said (hoped) that I'd be the one who never complained about being pregnant. Yeah, that went out the window with the first round of nausea. While I realize that I am so blessed to be pregnant and carry a child, I was not blessed with an easy pregnancy. I would really liked to have been one of those women who loved being pregnant, but that just hasn't been the case. So, in honor of my desire to start major venting, I have compiled my list of things I will not miss about being pregnant.

*Waddling. This is not fun on my already sore back. I feel like a penguin when I walk and I can't imagine that it's cute.
*Added back pain. Adding a bowling ball to my front side has not helped the back injury I dealt with years ago.
*Not being able to comfortably sleep. I know I will never sleep much again after Aubrey is here, but hopefully I will be able to sleep more comfortably than I have the past few months.
*Sleeping on my side. See above. I am so ready to be able to sleep on my belly again.
*Being exhausted. I know I will be tired from getting up with her, but at least there will be the bonus of holding her while I am tired. I don't think I have ever slept so much or wanted to in my life, even when I was a teenager.
*Getting up to pee at least twice every night. I hate getting up to pee and trying to avoid getting up means some crazy BH contractions, so up I get out of my snuggly warm bed.
*Maternity clothes. Ok, well maternity tops anyway. I love my maternity jeans, but I am so tired of wearing tents, shirts that tie around me, or empire waists.
*Constant pain when I change positions.
*Pelvic and rib pain. I never knew how many bones would move in my body and how much it hurt.
*Not being able to shave my legs or other areas without becoming a contortionist.
*Getting kicked in the ribs or bladder or feeling my skin stretch every time she rolls over. I loved feeling those early kicks because I knew she was there. But, sometimes, it's not fun.
*Being so short of breath. Going up the stairs is a chore right now and when I get there, I sound like I ran a marathon.
*Feeling like a stuffed something. I am just tired of feeling stuffed and stretched and full.
*Gaining new stretch marks. No explanation needed.

Enough bitchy ranting right now. I know this will all go away soon and I would (will!) do it all over again to be able to hold my little girl in my arms. I just hope she decides to get here sooooooon!

No comments: