Friday, October 14, 2011

How did this happen?

How is it possible that  I am starting the 3rd trimester today? This pregnancy has gone so fast that I swear it feels like I just got my positive pregnancy test yesterday. This is such a bittersweet point in pregnancy. I know the end is getting so close and I can't wait to meet and hold my little man. I'm not as scared going into the 3rd trimester as I was with Aubrey and I am glad I can laugh about the freak outs I had with her now. But at the same time, I know the most physically demanding times are still ahead and that is a little daunting to think about. The back pain is starting to get more intense and the constant running after Aubrey and picking her up are contributing to that. Luckily, the reduced hours of sitting behind a desk have helped, but I know it will get worse before it gets better. I've also started swelling, a symptom I didn't deal with the first time until after delivery because of the blood pressure meds. But, these are really my 2 worst concerns at this point so I think I am in pretty good shape and am counting my blessings.

I did realize this week though that I really need to get cracking on Mason's room. I was so gung-ho about getting Aubrey's room finished before I hit the 3rd trimester and I am just not finding the same motivation this time. But, I really would like to get it finished soon. We still need to change out Aubrey's furniture and move it to Mason's room, put away the clothes and mounds of baby stuff waiting for a new home, hang the curtains, and then Todd needs to clean his remaining stuff out of the closet. I keep saying I have plenty of time, but in all reality I don't. The next few months are going to fly by so I need to get busy. 13-ish weeks left. Wow.

No comments: