Sunday, October 30, 2011

October 24-30

The majority of our week was pretty quiet. After the overkill of activity the past few weeks Aubrey and I spent the majority of the week chillin' at the house enjoying what was probably the last of the warm weather of the year.

However, the week did include my 33rd birthday, but I asked to keep it low key and my wish was granted. Aubrey and I drove to Todd's office to eat lunch with him and I got a super yummy burger and sweet potato fries. On our way home from Todd's office, he sends me a text to check the front porch when I got home. I figured one of our mothers ordered something from Amazon for me, but I was so surprised when I got there to see a big flower box on the porch. Todd managed to keep a secret by ordering flowers and actually not telling me. I hadn't expected anything at all from him since we just bought my camera a few weeks ago but I won't complain about getting pretty flowers. For dinner, my parents took us out for steak and we enjoyed hanging out for a while. Perfect, low key birthday.

I got the macro lens out and took some close up shots of my flowers.  I also took some of the whole bouquet, but they are on the other memory card that I haven't uploaded yet.

Saturday was finally time for my 3D/4D ultrasound. I was a little apprehensive about scheduling it early in the morning because that's usually Mason's inactive time, but mom has to work at night so morning was the best chance to have everyone together. Plus, I remember how uncooperative Aubrey was during her ultrasound so I tried not get my hopes up that Mason would do any better. Sure enough, he insisted on sleeping through the entire thing. He would not budge after a Dr. Pepper, a Tootsie Roll, fruit snacks, water, or walking. He had his face to my back to begin with but did roll over after some prodding. But, true to Baby P tradition, decided to keep his hand over his face the rest of the time. I did get confirmation that he is still a boy (big sigh of relief) so that made it a little better. The owner is letting us come back next week to try again for the face shots. She did save a few images for us, but I told her to just give them to us after our next visit so I don't have to keep up with multiple cds. I don't know what it is about our children, but they do not like dopplers and ultrasounds. Pretty frustrating, but can't really argue with an unborn child I guess. After the ultrasound, Todd's parents took us out for brunch for my birthday and my parents and sister tagged along. I love eating breakfast any time of day and going to Cracker Barrel makes breakfast even better.

We spent the rest of the day Saturday and Sunday getting things ready for Halloween. I am so excited that Aubrey understands a little more about Halloween and I can't wait to see her tomorrow when she gets dressed up and we take her out for trick-or-treating. I'll share the rest of our getting ready pictures after I get her in her costume.

Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: