Sunday, October 9, 2011

October 3-9

October is going to be one of the busiest months for us and this week us hopping. Aubrey and I had something to do every day during the week whether it was running to the grocery store or going on a mission to find her new shoes. I think she is going to start thinking Target is her 2nd home soon as many trips as we've made in there for various things the past few weeks. We did manage to squeeze in some play time at the playground and seeing how much Aubrey can do on her own now made me realize just how much she is growing up.

She is getting so good at going up the climbing wall on her own. 

Enjoying her new tea set.

On Friday I took Aubrey to the doctor to get her flu shot and wasn't quite sure what to expect. She watched me get my shot at the doctor and was so curious about what they did and said she wanted to get one at "her doctor's office." When we walked back in the room for the nurse to give the shot she kept asking the nurse what she was doing every step along the way. The nurse administered the shot with lightening speed and Aubrey didn't even flinch or shed a single tear. I was shocked. Every other shot she's had in the past 2 years has caused the waterworks. But not this time. She didn't even want to leave the room after the nurse was finished. I was pretty proud of her so she got a sticker and a lollipop to enjoy when we got home.

Saturday morning we went to the Carolina Renaissance festival with my mom. It was opening weekend and traffic was crazy. It took us an hour and a half to get from my house to the festival entrance, which is normally only about a 20 minute drive. Luckily Aubrey took a cat nap on the way because that was the only nap she got for the day. She was fascinated when we walked inside because there was so much for her to see. The last time I went was when I was pregnant with her and at times I wished she was back in my belly because she was into everything. She wanted to touch everything, ride everything, and walk into and in front of everyone. We knew she wouldn't be cooperative in the stroller so we didn't bring it, but looking back I wish we had because she was so crazy. We all enjoyed ourselves despite the drama of the 2-year old and we were all thoroughly worn out at the end.




To end the evening Saturday we went to our friend Heather and Darrin's pig pickin'. It was nice because it is held in the back of this horse farm with plenty of room for the kids to run and be crazy while the adults have a chance to rest and catch up. Aubrey was not interested in eating very much because there were so many kids and things for her to play with but she had plenty to snack on through the night. It got a little chilly a little earlier this year than it did last year, but we still had a lot of fun and look forward to next year's event.

Playing football with her friend Caroline.

Today was spent cleaning and getting ready for the week. I have these grand plans of cleaning during the week so I can hang out with Todd on the weekends, but it hasn't seemed to work out yet. It is hard to do any serious cleaning while Aubrey is following me around so I've realized I have to leave it to the weekends so Todd can keep her out of my hair. However, the cleaning is getting a lot tougher for me to do with my ever-expanding belly so it took me a bit longer and it seemed like a bit more effort. I can't wait to see how it feels in about 10 or 11 more weeks when I go through that last serious nesting phase and insist that everything is perfect before Mason arrives. That should be fun.

Hopefully this week will be a little more relaxed because next weekend looks to be even more crazy than this weekend. Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: