Monday, October 3, 2011

September 26- October 2

Well, we did it. Aubrey and I survived by first week as me being full-time stay at home mom. I wasn't quite sure how we would both handle that much togetherness, but it was really good. We stayed pretty busy through the week and I think that helped. I will say, though, it is nice when Todd gets home because then I finally can let my guard down. Even when she is napping I still feel like I'm listening for every little thing that could go wrong. When Todd is home I am not like that and I think it has contributed to my super tiredness. I thought I would nap more but really I haven't had time. I've kept myself busy with various projects and nap time is the only time I get to work uninterrupted so I try to use that time as much as possible.

Speaking of nap time, the transition to the big girl bed has been a little rough for Aubrey. She has fallen out of the bed 3 times so far and she is pretty pissed off when she wakes up. The first time was during nap time and that put a really quick end to that nap. The other 2 times have been during the middle of the night and have scared the bejesus out of me. We ended up having to move her stool to the foot of the bed because she got a nasty bruise after the 2nd fall. So now there are 2 pillows on the side of her bed to cushion any more falls. I really don't want to buy the temporary rails because I think she needs to learn her sleeping boundaries and adding those rails would delay that. Plus her bed is so low to the ground she really can't get hurt falling now that there are only pillows there. So, we'll see how the next few days go and make a decision from there.

Aubrey and I took advantage of the gorgeous late summer-ish weather and spent a lot of time outside, including a picnic lunch and art time on the back porch. It was nice to have time do these things because we've never really had it in the past. That being said, it was shock to my system on Saturday morning to have to put on a sweater before I left the house. I am not a cold weather person so the thought of the warm days coming to an end is so sad.

However, I am looking forward to the fall because it means Halloween, Thanksgiving, and tons of excuses to cook yummy food. Cooking is a new goal I have now that I am home and have time to experiment. I have my recipes printed and waiting on me to spill stuff all over them while I make a huge mess. I spent way too much money at the grocery store on Sunday buying the ingredients for new recipes and I am so excited. I've never really experimented with cooking before so this is a whole new area for me to learn.

It is a bit early to call it a win, but so far I would say I am doing pretty well with the stay at home gig. I'm sure there will be bad days and I will be begging to go back to work, but I'll certainly take a string of good days to get us started.

Even PB&J tastes better outside

Enjoying her new paints during art time

I've seen a bit more of this "no" face in the past week but I can laugh at it in a picture

No comments: