Wednesday, November 23, 2011

33-week check-up

Nothing exciting at all about this check-up. Dr. Little said everything looks great and it appears that he is head down. His heart rate was 141 and he actually cooperated on the CMA's first try. Either that, or he is just running out of room to move away from the doppler! Dr. Little did tell me that I won't have to do the Group B strep swab test at 37-weeks since I've already tested positive for it. I'll just go straight for the antibiotics once I get to the hospital. I actually had a question this time about how the circumcision would be handled and she explained that the pediatrician's office would take care of it, usually about 24 hours after birth. I've done my research and Todd and I are set on a circumcision, but it still makes me cringe a little bit to think what will be done to him. I was so relieved with Aubrey to not have to deal with that, but no avoiding it this time around. After my one puny question, I was sent on my merry way to schedule a visit at 35 weeks. Aubrey promptly chose that time to start throwing a tantrum because I took the iPhone away from her, so it was great fun to walk through their office with a screaming 2-year old. I think I am going to start asking my mom to watch her while I go to my future appointments, especially when I start getting internal exams. She is already a handful when I have simple appointments so I'm sure she would be loads of fun sitting through that. Hopefully only 5-6 visits to go!

No comments: