Monday, November 21, 2011

November 12-18

I sound like a broken record, but this week was another quiet week for us. It almost feels like I've gone into hibernation mode because I really haven't been motivated to go anywhere or do anything. We did venture out of the house on Thursday to get Aubrey's hair cut. This was only the 3rd official cut she's gotten, but she moved up in the ranks by getting a blow dry with her cut. She was not fond of the blow dryer in her ear at all. She is really getting to the point she doesn't like loud noises, period. Every time she goes in a bathroom stall she immediately covers her ears until after the toilet is flushed. Very strange. But, anyway. She did great with the hair cut and had a cute little hair style to go with it. Made me feel pretty bad because I am not a great hair styler. Partly because her hair is so fine and soft, but also because I just don't know what to do with it. After her hair cut, we made a trip to Barnes and Noble and Aubrey was in heaven. She loved the train set they have set up, but wasn't so fond of sharing with another little girl who came over. So, she walked over the the books and pulled about 20 different ones off the shelf and parked it on a bench to look at them. I love that she loves to look at books and that she makes up stories to go along with the pictures. It is so sweet to watch.

Friday was Christmas picture day and it was interesting. Aubrey is getting a bit more cooperative as far as posing and being still for pictures, but she's also entered the fake smiling stage so getting a good grin out of her took some work. I also designed and ordered the Christmas cards after many hours of  changing my mind and screaming at Photoshop because I couldn't get it to do what I wanted. I enjoy creating cards in Photoshop and like that it forces me to learn more about the program, but its also very overwhelming and frustrating at the same time. I also finished Aubrey's birthday invites, minus the party specifics and I'm almost finished with Mason's birth announcement, obviously minus his birth-specific details and picture. I'm trying to get as much done as possible as early as possible so when the time comes to order them I can upload them and call it a day.

Saturday, I actually managed to get motivated and go out for some girl time. A friend and I have made it our tradition to go to the Southern Christmas Show every year and I was determined to go this year, waddling or not. It was a lot of fun to see all the vendors and decorations, but I paid for it towards the end because my feet and back were screaming in pain. But, instead of taking the night to relax like I should, I dragged Todd to Ikea to finish buying Aubrey's new furniture. The place was super packed and we ended up being there a lot longer than we planned, but I was glad to get it over with. However, I started to assemble her new bookcase and realized Todd accidentally picked up the same bookcase I had just returned, so I have to return it again to get the right one. So, I'll be going back in another week or so to take care of that.

Sunday, Todd and I managed to get out of the house for a date night. We haven't had one in forever and we had a Living Social coupon burning a hole in out pocket, so we called the in-laws in to watch Aubrey and went off to stuff ourselves silly at the Crepe Cellar and then Amelie's Bakery in NoDa. It is the first of many good meals of the week and I am loving it.

I am really looking forward to this week. We have a a lot planned and I am excited to see how it all goes. I hope everyone has a great week and a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Playing with the train set at Barnes and Noble.

This was an outtake from the Christmas shoot and the last one I took. Aubrey was so excited to be finished with the shoot and let me know.

No comments: