Monday, November 14, 2011

November 7-13

The further I get in my pregnancy, the lazier I am becoming. When we decided that I would stay home with Aubrey I came up with all these grand ideas for things we would do together. Somehow I seemed to block out the memories of how huge and miserable I would be getting over time when I was thinking of these great ideas. Aubrey and I spent most of the week hanging out at the house due to my lack of energy and motivation to go out and I was pretty content with that until about Thursday afternoon. Cabin fever started setting in about that time so Friday morning I decided to surprise Aubrey with a trip to Monkey Joe's. She has never met an inflatable bouncer that she didn't like and Monkey Joe's was no exception. Girl has zero fear and wanted to go up in all of the impossibly high slides and jumps. I couldn't really get in there and help her so I just had to watch as she scaled these crazy things. It was pretty crowded since the schools were closed for Veteran's Day and it was hard to see her all the time so it made for a nerve wracking experience for me, but she had a blast and that's what was important. I had to drag her out of there crying so we could go eat, but promised we would come back and that seemed to help. We had a great lunch at McAlister's on the way home where she amazed me by asking for a salad for lunch. I don't know where I struck the goldmine of having a child that loves vegetables, but I am so glad I did. She inhaled her salad like it was pizza and I just watched in amazement. I won't argue with her veggie love and just hope that it sticks over time.

We enjoyed the gorgeous weather outside one afternoon and it looked like she was getting some yoga practice in.

Completely crappy point and shoot picture. But I had no desire to drag my super heavy camera around with me so this is the best I was able to get.

Proof that she was working hard on her salad.

I am really trying to enjoy these last few weeks of just Aubrey and me hanging out. I still don't think the reality has quite set in that we are adding a newborn to our mix soon. I love that Aubrey and I can go out and do so much or just hang out at the house and enjoy each other's company. I didn't enjoy my maternity leave with her like I should have because I was so exhausted and at loss of what to do with an infant. But, now I have this independent, helpful little girl that is so full of energy and I love it. I am sure we will adjust just fine once Mason is here, but I know I'll miss all the one-on-one time I've had with Aubrey recently. Only 8-ish weeks (or 5 if he would like to come as soon as he hits full term!)

Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: