Sunday, November 6, 2011

October 31-November 6

Besides Halloween, this week was really low key. We got good news on Tuesday that the insurance company of the guy that hit Todd a few weeks ago had decided on a settlement for the truck and had a check ready for us. Todd picked the check up Wednesday afternoon and by 6:45 that evening we were pulling out of the dealership with a new Hyundai Elantra. The bittersweet part of the ordeal was on the way to the dealership, we passed Todd's truck loaded up on the back of a roll back pulling out the business park where the body shop is. Todd and I were both a sad to see it go. That was the first vehicle we purchased together and Todd really liked that truck. But, we've got a brand new car that is much more gas efficient so hopefully we can save some money in the long run and not have to worry about any serious maintenance for a while.

We finally purchased a membership to Discovery Place Kids after talking about it since Aubrey's birthday so I decided to put it to use on Thursday. Aubrey was a little overwhelmed at first, but she was having a blast by the time we had to leave. I thought it would be a little less crowded than a Saturday, but I was so wrong. There were several school groups there as well as a bunch of other preschoolers and it was super busy. But, we had a good time and Aubrey was so upset to leave. I decided a pizza lunch was necessary to brighten her sad little face and it worked like a charm. Between her busy play time and full belly, she napped like a champ so I was pretty happy all around.

Saturday, we made the drive back to Concord to see how Mason would cooperate with another 3D ultrasound. He did give us about 4 minutes of cooperation, which we will take after last weekend's complete refusal to show his face. He is all about having his hands at his face and we saw him sucking his thumb several times. He even smiled and stuck his tongue out to us for a second, which was pretty cute to see. I am a little sad that the pictures didn't turn out as clear as Aubrey's 3D ultrasound, but we got to see him 2 times in a little over a week so that's what was important. Right now, Todd and I think he looks a lot like Aubrey, but we'll have to see how that turns out. Its hard to believe we will be seeing that cute little face for real in around 9 weeks or so. Scary but exciting at the same time.

In other Mason developments, this week I started feeling the big rolling movements going on my uterus more than punches and kicks. I don't remember feeling this much movement with Aubrey. I'm not sure if having an anterior placenta blocked the movement with her or if she just stayed more in one place. But, not this little guy. He is all over my uterus and sometimes its pretty funny to watch. Other times its a little painful because he stretches out my belly with all the movement. Todd is thrilled to be able to see the big movements and had a grand ol' time thumping my belly to see Mason punch/kick back. And Mason makes it even more fun by waiting until I am ready to go to sleep to get cranked up. His most active time is definitely at night, including the 4:00 AM hour when I usually wake up to go to the bathroom. We are going to have to do some serious work on his sleeping and waking hours when he gets here because this late night party will not be so fun at that point. But, for now I am just trying to enjoy and appreciate what I can.

Its hard to see, but he was smiling and sticking his tongue out here.

One of the better shots of his face
Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: