Monday, December 12, 2011

35-week visit

I am counting down the number of visits I have left to my OB's office. If I wasn't so hell bent on delivering at Presbyterian Huntersville I would have left the practice a long time ago. I thought when they added more doctors and moved the location that services would improve. And they did for a while. But, now it is back to the slowest and most inconsiderate medical practice ever. I knew I was in trouble when I got the office and it felt like it was 100 degrees inside. I started sweating right off the bat. Then, we had to wait for 30 minutes before we were even called back to get the blood pressure/weight check. I was not surprised in the least to see my blood pressure was 130/92 because I was so aggravated. I told the CMA it was hot and I had been waiting for 30 minutes and she just kind of brushed it off. Of course they didn't have a room ready so Aubrey and I had to wait another 30 minutes in the OB waiting room. It was about 5 degrees cooler in there, but between the wait and the lady sharing the room with us allowing her baby to use the lab timer as a toy I am sure my blood pressure stayed pretty high. Plus, it was close to 12:00 so Aubrey and I were starting to get hungry, which also added to my frustration. When they finally took us back to my room she re-took my blood pressure it was down to 122/84, which was better, but still much higher than it has been. Luckily, Mason's heartbeat was super easy to find (it was 165) and he was somewhat cooperative which helped me to settle down for a bit. Dr. Vuong came in pretty quickly afterwards and apologized for my wait. She said everything looks great, but she does want me to start every week visits a week early since my blood pressure was high. She checked my urine results to make sure there was no protein in it and checked my ankles/fingers for swelling and was amazed that were pretty normal sized. I knew she was looking for symptoms of pre-eclampsia but since I also knew the reason behind the high BP, I knew I was ok. So, hopefully only 5-ish visits left and I can be through with this office except for my yearly exam. I love the doctors in my office, but just hate that the office is so poorly run. The fact that they are the only decent sized practice that admits to Presbyterian Huntersville just amazes me and I hope that's something that changes in the future. Even if I don't benefit from it, I know other women will.

No comments: