Tuesday, December 6, 2011

November 28-December 4

This was definitely a quiet week for us. Between the exhaustion of Thanksgiving week and trying to potty train Aubrey, it was nice to have a quiet week. We did get some shopping done on Friday, but I was ready for some more time away from the house by the weekend. I finally scheduled a hair appointment for Saturday and was so excited to combine time away from the house with some "me" time. I've been searching for a new hair stylist for the past year after realizing I just wasn't going to be able to afford my old stylist anymore. I absolutely love what she did with my hair, but I couldn't keep spending loads of cash, especially with the hit in allowance money we took with me staying home. So, this was my 3rd different stylist so far this year and I am pretty sure I've decided the search must continue after this appointment. The new lady was very nice, but I'm just not happy with the color and she attempted to style my hair curly and it was just not great. Who knows when my next appointment will be post-Mason's arrival, but hopefully I don't wait 5 months to go again as I did this time.

Saturday night/Sunday morning was a little interesting in our house. Todd and I didn't go to bed until 11:30  so I was just getting to sleep when Aubrey let out a scream from her bed at 12:30. I've never heard her scream like that, so somehow I rolled my big belly over with lightening speed and tore out of our room to check on her. When I walked in she told me there was a ghost in her room and it scared her. It broke my heart to hear her talk because she really believed there was a ghost in her room. How do you explain a bad dream to a 2-year old? So, we cuddled for a while to calm her down before I decided to go back to my room. She was not going to let me out of her site and pitched a fit when I tried to leave. So we ended up setting up a pallet on the floor in our room for her to sleep on. It took her forever to go to sleep, so I am sure it was after 1:30 before I could finally get back to sleep. Of course, she saw us as soon as she woke up at 7:00 AM and insisted it was time to get up. We were so groggy, but she woke up full of energy and ready to play. Ever since that night, she has been talking about the scary ghost in her room and we have to reassure her she is safe and the ghost won't hurt her.

Sunday was Todd's company Christmas party. If I should ever forget that Todd works for a male dominated company, the company Christmas party should remind me. They always schedule their party for an away Panther's game so #1 they don't miss going to a home game and #2 they can watch the game during the party. So, this year's party was at 1:00 in the afternoon on a Sunday to coincide with the Panthers playing Tampa Bay at 1:00. It was a nice party and there was some great food so I really won't complain about the party itself. The weather was gorgeous so everyone mostly stayed outside, which completely defeated the purpose of watching the game.  Everyone was so amazed that I was hoofing around my 35-week pregnant self in heels, but my dress pants required heels so I really didn't have a choice. I payed for it at the end because my back and feet were screaming at me, but I survived. The other fun of the day was that Aubrey only took a 20 minute nap on the way to the party, so she was a barrel of fun by the end, especially since she didn't sleep well the night before. We all crashed hard when it came time for bed and luckily no ghosts visited Aubrey overnight so we could get some sleep.

In Mason news, Saturday I celebrated the 35-week, 35-days to go mark. I really can't believe we are at this point already. So, in less than 2 weeks I'll be full term and we will be meeting him soon. I am so excited to be finished with this pregnancy, but I think the closer it gets to my due date, the more I'm ready for him to stay put. I've really started dealing with the reality of the fact we will have a newborn and a toddler in this house soon and I am already exhausted just thinking about it. I am so excited to meet him and share him with the world, but also very nervous about how much our little world will be rocked.

Hoping everyone has a great week!

Aubrey playing corn hole at the Christmas party.

You can dress the girl up, but she will still find the dirt to play in.

No comments: