Monday, December 12, 2011

December 5-11

I really cannot believe it is the 2 week in December. I was reading through some old blog entries this week and it seemed like the Christmas post from last year was just last week. Our house is ready for Christmas pretty early this year. Most of my shopping has been finished for weeks. I bought a few last things on Monday after a quick trip to Concord Mills and then finished the stocking stuffers today. Speaking of Concord Mills, I decided Aubrey needed to visit Santa this year while we were there. I haven't done the professional Santa pictures in the past because Santa comes to visit the kids at Todd's aunt and uncle's house Christmas Eve and I can get a free picture there without having to wait in line. Since I am can't travel to Raleigh at Christmas I will miss seeing his visit and my photo opportunity. I really didn't want to miss out on the fun so I decided Aubrey should visit him with me. She was so excited when we got to the mall and I told her we were going to visit Santa. We got there a bit early so we walked by his visiting spot and she pointed out where he would be so I thought we were in a good place this year to get some good pictures. We did a little shopping before the visit and still arrived at Santa's spot a few minutes before they opened. I think she got a look at Santa a little too early and it was downhill from there. She refused to cooperate from then on out. She did her fake cry when I sat her on his lap. Santa did the best he could to cheer her up, but she wasn't having it. I even tried to get in the picture with them but we had 0 success. So we got a crappy picture of her fake crying and called it a day.


I finally got our Christmas cards in the mail this week so I am ready to share the final result.



It was not the exact card I sat down to design, but after several hours of frustration I decided it would serve its purpose. I do love the picture I got of Aubrey for the card and can't wait to get a huge print to display downstairs.

Friday, Aubrey and I made our 3rd trip to Ikea to buy furniture for her room. After our last trip, we realized Todd picked up the wrong bookcase for her room so I brought the wrong one with us to exchange and we picked up the correct one. We also bought a side table to hold her fan and video monitor. Todd had gone out to eat with some friends to celebrate the end of his school semester so I took it upon myself to assemble the furniture. Bad idea. Between my big belly getting in the way and Aubrey trying to "help" me it took me forever. And to add to the fun, I was almost finished when I realized I had put a piece on wrong. A simple bookcase and side table took me over 2 hours to assemble, which is ridiculous. I am glad its finished, though and Aubrey's big girl room is mostly complete. We still need to get a chair for her room but she has the main pieces of furniture she needs so she'll be ok for now.



During the week, Todd and I finally sat down in Mason's room and cleaned out the dresser and closet. I was able to convince him that getting rid of some of the things we've stored in there over the years was a good idea. We made a huge pile of stuff to go to the trash dump and Saturday morning we finally cleared the room of all trash and junk. We did a major furniture swap between Aubrey's room, the loft and Mason's room to put pieces in their final resting spot. Todd put up the curtain rod while I ironed curtains. Then I was able to get the room organized and ready for Mason. We still need to put his name above the crib, find some wall art to go above the bookcase and decide what we would like to do on the big empty wall beside his bed. I am so glad to have his room functionally ready though. I was getting nervous that it wouldn't be ready before he got here, even though I knew we only really needed a spot for me to nurse him and change his diapers. Since I will be full term on Saturday, he is more than welcome to make his grand arrival at any time because we are ready.




Only 2 more weeks until Christmas and hopefully only 3-4 weeks left until Mason's arrival. The last few weeks of the year are going to fly by and I am so excited. Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: