Tuesday, January 3, 2012

39-week visit

We are now in those last few boring doctor visits that I really hate going to. However, I was excited when I got to the office because I ran into a friend who has been trying to get pregnant for 3 years and is now 14-weeks along. Seeing my friend definitely put a smile on my face because I know that miracles are happening all around and we are so blessed to be where we are.

This visit was with the nurse practitioner again so they were able to move me pretty fast. I wasn't sure how long I'd be there at first because the office was hopping, but they were calling me back before I'd even given my sample. Mason's heartbeat was higher than usual at 160, but he was having a dance party right before she checked it so I knew he was ok.

After Mason playing tricks with us Friday night, I really thought we might see more progress by the time I got to the doctor Monday morning. I had a few painful contractions last week and the Braxton Hicks contractions have really picked up. So I was a little disappointed when she told me I was in the same place as last week. While I'm still not in a super rush for him to get here, I was hoping for more progress so when the time comes I don't have to labor as long. But as usual for my children, they will take their own sweet time and do things at their own pace. We just have to sit back and be patient and see what will happen next. So, I scheduled my next visit for 40 weeks, 2 days and we'll see what happens from there.

No comments: