Monday, January 30, 2012

Aubrey turns 3!

In all the chaos of having a newborn in the house, we got to add in a celebration of Aubrey turning 3. I am glad that I had the distraction of being exhausted or otherwise I would have been a lot more sad that my baby girl is not even a toddler anymore. We started the morning out by taking her for the 3-year check-up. She was so excited to finally get to go to her doctor after going to all of my OB appointments for so long. She weighs 34 lbs (75th percentile) and is 36" tall (50th percentile). She passed her developmental screening with flying colors and Dr. Honeycutt said she looks great. The doctor also said her tubes were still in place and looked exactly as they should. Towards the end of the appointment she did get a little distracted and didn't want to follow directions, but overall she did really well for the doctor. We celebrated a great check-up by going to Duncan Donuts for Aubrey to get her first donut as a birthday treat.


After dinner, we added even more sugar to the day with some cake. We forgot to buy the candles and a professional cake decorator I am not,  but the cake tasted pretty yummy anyway.



And, of course, what 3-year old's birthday would be complete without presents?!




Aubrey was pretty sad at the end of the night that her birthday was over and asked if we could do it again the next day. We explained her birthday is only once a year, but luckily for her she gets to extend her birthday another week because her party is scheduled for February 4th due to Mason's arrival. She is so excited to be having a birthday party and asks everyday if its time for her party.

So, my little girl turned 3 and I made it through the day with no tears (at least, not related to her birthday). I'd call that a success because it really is bittersweet to see how much she has grown and blossomed over the past 3 years. My little girl is quite a big girl now and I really couldn't be prouder, even if I do wish she'd slow down on growing just a bit.

No comments: