Tuesday, January 10, 2012

January 2-8

Another week of hibernation for us. I was telling Todd that after Aubrey was born, the idea of being in this house for more than 2 days drove me crazy and I always had to find an excuse to leave. Now, the idea of 2 days (or more) in the house sounds great. I really have 0 motivation to go out and do anything. I did manage to get groceries during the week just in case Mason decided to surprise us and arrive on his due date. Its sad that I really was happy to get home and relax after getting groceries like I had competed in a marathon or something.

Friday, I did manage to find some motivation to take Aubrey outside to enjoy the fantastic 65+ degree weather. I had thought about taking her to our neighborhood park, but the idea of pushing the stroller uphill by myself didn't seem as appealing, so we got out the bubbles and enjoyed the porch instead.

Saturday was D-day in our house, as in Mason's due date. Todd was hell bent we were going to get this baby out of my belly so he planned a day of old wives tales to get the party started, including a long walk and a date night to a local Mexican place. We knew that things probably wouldn't work, just like they didn't work with Aubrey, but it was fun to think they could. We did enjoy walking with Aubrey around the neighborhood dawned on me while we were there that it would probably be our last walk as a family of 3. This made me a little sad, but excited at the same time. Todd's parents came over Saturday night to watch Aubrey so we could enjoy our traditional due date meal of Mexican food. We stuffed ourselves silly with chips and salsa before ending a very exciting night by going to Lowe's to buy a few things for the house. The reality finally sat in around 8-ish that Mason was just not going to come on his due date and we just accepted the fact that we will just have to keep waiting. I was really hoping that my doctor would be wrong about babies following similar patterns, but that's why he has the medical degree and I do not. I'll go to the doctor on Monday and hopefully not leave crying a bucket of tears like I did after my 40-week appointment with Aubrey. I am a little more motivated by the fact that I am more of a candidate for a successful induction this time than I was with Aubrey. At least I am not staring down a probable C-section before we even get started.

Sunday was a lazy day around the house. I think Todd and I were both hoping I'd go into labor after our Saturday adventures. Unfortunately, labor signs were a no show so we just did a little bit of cleaning and watched tv. We did make it to our church small group and had a nice dinner with our friends. It was calming to have our friends praying for us and Mason which helped us relax and enjoy the evening. We were both disappointed to go bed that night and hoped we would hear better news at the next doctor's appointment.

Why, yes. That is my almost 3-year old playing with the baby play mat. She is loving the toys we put out in Mason's room.

I took this picture while we were sitting outside enjoying the gorgeous weather and cracked up when I was editing because on the large version you can clearly see my reflection in Aubrey's eyes. This picture also makes me sad because Aubrey looks so grow up. Sigh...

No comments: