Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Mason's Room

Finally, 39 weeks and 2 days into this pregnancy, Todd and I finished the nursery. Its been functionally ready for a few weeks now, but it still needed a few decorations before we could call it mostly complete.  We will add pictures above the dresser/changing area after his newborn pictures finished. And we will probably purchase a frame for the map we just wanted to get it up in the room and see how we liked it before dropping cash on a frame.

So, here we go....

I really love his name above the bed. But there were some serious curse words said while putting it up there. It wasn't quite as easy as the directions made it sound, but worth it in the end.

I have missed sitting in the glider since Aubrey outgrew rocking. But, I am sure the glider and I will be more than reacquainted soon enough.

The dresser/changing station with all of his new cloth diapers. I didn't cloth diaper Aubrey as a newborn so this will be a new adventure for both of us. 

Keeping Aubrey out of Mason's stuffed animals has been quite a chore. Just something new I guess.

Above the bookcase is a vintage airplane instrument panel and flight maps of Raleigh (Todd's hometown) and Charlotte (more or less my hometown)

After I posted the pictures on Facebook, someone commented "Now all you need is Mason to go in the room" and they are absolutely right. We are 100% ready for him whenever he wants to make his appearance.

No comments: