Sunday, January 30, 2011

2 years old

Wow. Just wow. I cannot believe I have a 2 year old. I kept thinking on her birthday about where I was and what I was doing 2 years ago and somethings I remember so clearly, but other things are getting even more fuzzy, which makes me sad. My little baby is clearly not a baby anymore and while I love watching her grow and learn, it is so bittersweet.

This is my last monthly post, which is so sad. I will keep updating with her milestones, but not a clear monthly update as I've done the past 24 months. Sigh...more changes.

*Her bottom right molar finally made a slight appearance. This particular molar has given us hell the past month and we were so glad to see it. It gave us at least 1 missed day from work and many nights lacking in sleep. It really stinks to think we still have 1 more molar to make it through.
*She started transitioning to the 2-year old room at daycare. I didn't think it would happen so soon because she is not moving very fast with potty training, but I am glad she has the opportunity to move up and learn more.
*Speaking of potty training, it is still going slow. We've started being more consistent with getting her to the potty, but she still won't tell us when she needs to go. We have managed to get her to go #2 in the potty, but I think that was more being in the right place at the right time. We plan to do Potty Training boot camp in the next month so hopefully potty training will speed on up.
*She has become obsessed with Dora the Explorer and Yo Gabba Gabba over the past month. It is so cute when one comes on tv because she starts dancing and jumping around. We try not to let her watch too much tv, but a few minutes here and there allows us a few minutes of a break and thoroughly entertains her, so its a win-win for all involved.
*She went to the doctor for her supposed normal 2-year check up, but it was pretty far from our normal visits. She weighs 27.8 lbs (50th percentile), 33.5 inches tall (50th percentile) and has a 48 cm noggin (80th percentile). We thought we were doing good until the doctor checked her ears and told us the right one was slightly infected. Ugh. We made it 2 years with no ear infections just to start the next one with one. We still count ourselves lucky that we did go that long with no antibiotics. Then, we didn't think we were going to have shots, but the doctor told us the Prevnar shot had been updated to include new strains and she needed a flu shot so shots were administered. Not a good end to the visit, but a grape sucker and a visit to the mall playground made it all better again.



Enjoying her birthday present.

No comments: