Sunday, January 16, 2011

Week 3 check-in

Being home for 3 days this week gave me ample time to work on some goals. The one I needed to work on the most was running and I did none of it. I have 8 weeks until my first 4 mile race and I really need to get a move on. But cold and dark do not make for great running motivation.
I cooked a new recipe this week, which was a basic stromboli, using Pillsbury pizza dough and our own toppings. It wasn’t bad, but I used spaghetti sauce, which gave it a weird taste, so I won’t do that again. Todd and Aubrey seemed to like the recipe, so I guess it will be a keeper in a different variation.
I worked on the loft/office and guestroom a lot this week, mostly out of necessity. My mom is coming to stay for a week and the guest room was a wreck. So, I cleaned it and got the Goodwill donations bagged up. Todd took those to the store yesterday, which made a huge difference in that room. I also sorted through all of the paper garbage from the loft and bagged that up to go out this week. I worked more on my office my purchasing some cute storage bins from Target and getting things in them. These bins are now my color inspiration for the office and loft. They are so girly and this is the one place where Todd really doesn’t give a flip what I do so I went for it. I also bought some curtains to hide my office closet since the sliding doors ended up being nixed from the project.
I ordered some pictures this week from Aubrey’s 2-year sitting and I can’t wait to get some frames to put them in. I haven’t decided what wall I am using yet because the few good walls we have for hanging pictures get a lot of daytime sun and I am afraid it will make the pictures fade quicker. So, hopefully after these pictures come in, I can get a wall decided on and start hanging away.
I also worked in Lightroom 3 a lot while I was home. I worked on editing snow pictures and forcing myself to try new things in it. I still get so overwhelmed because its such a big program, but I think each new thing I learn is helping me get the bigger picture and I guess that is the goal. I also received my new wider-angle zoom this week and I took a few shots with it. It is so nice to have more wiggle room with this lens. Even my 28-75mm lens feels tight in this house sometimes with the way that walls and furniture are placed. I can’t wait to use it more over the next few weeks, especially for Aubrey’s birthday party in a few weeks.
The next few weeks will be a little slower with my mom being in town and Aubrey’s birthday, but I think I’ve accomplished a good bit to allow for a little break.

No comments: